[CLOSED] Marketing Assistant (Gilberdyke)
Full time, £18,000 - £24,000 (depending on experience)
THIS ROLE IS NOW CLOSED
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic business during what you might call the staycation boom of all booms.
Victory Leisure Homes is a manufacturer of luxury holiday homes – our headquarters and customer experience centre is in Gilberdyke, East Yorkshire, and we have a second production site at Leads Road in Hull.
Noted as ‘the one to watch’ within the holiday homes industry, we are well underway with a new vision to be the most desired brand for unique holiday living spaces.
Having experienced unprecedented growth and demand, the Victory team is now looking for a Marketing Assistant to join its growing and extremely busy Marketing team, based at our headquarters in Gilberdyke.
What will the role include?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenge, in a company that never stands still.
The role will be extremely varied, and will include, but will not be limited to:
- Social media monitoring – working with the brand agency to deliver an engaging, industry-leading and ROI-focussed content plan, daily post checks and responding to comments and customer inbox messages
- Set up and management of paid social campaigns
- Design briefs, copy writing and quality control of artwork
- Undertaking ongoing market research and competitor analysis and feeding this into the wider business
- Spotting trends in and outside the industry that can be considered within the marketing plan
- Assistance with delivering marketing projects, including;
- Liaising with designers to make basic content / artwork amends
- Dealing with local printers to source prices and meet deadlines
- Supporting the Marketing team on the delivery of internal and external events
- Internal marketing and communications within VLH but also ensuring our messaging is communicated within the J. R. Rix group of brands
- Administrative tasks such as quotes, raising purchase orders and reporting
What type of person are we looking for?
The Victory team is made up of curious, brilliant minds who never stand still in their quest to deliver the best products and services in our market. Our energy is infectious – we’re up for a good giggle but we’re also really serious about delivering our objectives.
It’s essential that being a part of the marketing team here that you need to be a creative thinker (we’re not talking a pro at InDesign) – someone who wants to make their mark with creative marketing ideas that get the brand noticed.
So if you think you fit the bill, it’s time for you to start updating that CV and finding a way to get our attention.
What experience is needed?
- You will ideally have a couple of years’ experience working in an established marketing team, but if you’ve come from a smaller business or straight from uni with some work experience under your belt, and you think you have what it takes then don’t let that put you off
- Ideally you will have graduated from university with at least a 2:1 honours in a relevant degree (business, marketing, comms, PR), but, if you’ve trained in a different way we’re open to seeing you depending on experience and/or demonstration of a portfolio of work
- You must be confident using a computer and social media – we use the Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Outlook etc and you need to be relatively proficient using these (training will be provided for other internal systems)
- You must have an excellent level of written and verbal English – demonstrable experience of copy writing would be a bonus
Role related behaviours also needed
- You will have an outgoing personality, with a polite but confident manner
- Picking up the phone and having a conversation doesn’t faze you – if your default approach is to email someone, think again. Communication and relationships is a critical part of this job.
- You will understand the importance of working to deadlines and being able to communicate to people when you may not get something finished in time
- You will have a keen eye for detail, and enjoy working creatively and analytically at the same time
- You will have the ability to think outside the box, make suggestions and contribute creative ideas and identify the next big trend that just might be right for us
- You’ll be able to prioritise and manage your time to make sure that your workload is completed in line with expectations – or flag when you may not be able to with ideas to solve
What can we offer you?
- You will get the chance to work with an experienced team of digital and brand experts that can help mentor and develop you
- A personalised development plan with quarterly objectives to help you progress
- Exposure to major projects and working with agencies
- Opportunity to really ‘own’ something and develop your own career journey within the business
- Travel allowance (dependant on distance)
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (and Christmas off!)
- Free onsite parking
- Good transport links from surrounding areas
- Salary is between £18-£24k dependent on experience – this will be reviewed in line with achievement of objectives after the first year so there is opportunity to increase your earning potential fairly quickly
Like what you see? Please send your application into [email protected] with the subject line ‘Marketing Assistant Application’ and a cover note / appropriate attachments to support your application.
The closing date for this role is 1 November 2021.