Team Leaders - Gilberdyke & Hull
Closing date: 22nd October
Location: Gilberdyke & Hull
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 7.30am till 5.45pm with a 1-hour lunch break per day
Hourly Rate: £17 per hour
Victory Leisure Homes is a dynamic, forward thinking manufacturer of holiday homes based in Gilberdyke, building a range of holiday homes and luxury lodges. We are looking to recruit experienced Team Leaders to help support the busy manufacturing function.
The purpose of the role:
- To manage the day to day operations of the workforce and ensure the production / performance and quality targets are met.
- To contribute operationally – working within your team – where required to achieve targets
- To manage, empower, support and include your team in line with the company Culture.
You must have:
- Experience in a multi skilled operative role.
- Must have experience within a manufacturing environment.
- To ensure a safe working environment by working within the guidelines of the Health and Safety Policies and Safe Working Procedures.
- To contribute positively to the achievement of the objectives of the organisation.
- Act in a manner which supports the organisation’s overall objectives and contributes to the achievements of overall business targets.
- Uphold lawful policies, practices and procedures and seek to enhance them in the interests of good management practice.
- To ensure daily production targets are met.
- To allocate workflow on the production / assembly line and assist as required.
- To be accountable for quality.
- To ensure housekeeping is to a high standard.
- To carry out any other task within your capabilities as requested by your Manager and that is deemed as reasonable.
- To encourage and motivate your team.
- To support / listen and deal with any issues that your team members may have.
- Monitor and report on individual and team performance
- Identify talent and training requirements throughout your team.
- Be accountable.
- Act reasonably and justifiably in identifying and resolving conflict.
- Act consistently and fairly when addressing any shortfall in performance or standards of behaviour.
- Support other team members where appropriate.
- To maintain good working relationships with all internal staff, external customers and their representatives ensuring you show courtesy and consideration at all times.
- To ensure clear communication runs throughout your team and to higher management.
- Be part of the culture of openness and transparency in communications, where issued are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Be honest, trustworthy and show integrity.
- Strive for excellence at all time.
- Have clear communication skills both verbally and written.
- Be enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be confident and approachable.
- Have the ability to give constructive feedback.
- Be proactive.
- Have the ability to understand and incorporate other people’s views and opinions.
- Be able to provide solutions to problems.
To apply for this position, please send your updated CV to [email protected]