[CLOSED] Transport Manager (Gilberdyke)
Full time, £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)
Victory Leisure Homes is the number one choice for anyone looking for work in the caravan and lodge industry. We love building beautiful homes for our clients not only within the UK but globally, and it’s our top-class production team that makes our visions come to life.
We have always strived to attract the best local talent, and we are proud that everyone we employ has the opportunity to grow and develop their skills whilst working for us.
We’re excited to announce a newly created role for a Transport Manager. The successful Transport Manager will be responsible for the transport of our leisure homes and lodges between numerous sites, including Gilberdyke, Seaway, Landing Lane, and Stonepit Lane.
This role is Monday – Friday either 8am -4.30pm or 8.30am – 5pm.
What will the role include?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenge, in a company that never stands still.
The role will be extremely varied, and will include, but will not be limited to:
- Working closely with the Despatch Manager and Production teams to ensure that products are in the right place, at the right time across all sites
- Depot management including keeping on top of inventories
- Staff management including recruitment, coaching, staff development, and took box talks when necessary.
- Holding regular team meetings with direct reports, ad-hoc catch-ups, and strong communication ties with key stakeholders throughout the business
- Substantial managerial experience at a senior level in a directly related field and the ability to objectively assess needs and make strategic decisions in relation to business priorities
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in the future
- Working closely with the Fleet Manager in relation to maintenance and associated administration of vehicles
- Heavily involved in driver compliance, infringements, and legalities
Do you have…?
- Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Previous experience within the holiday home industry (desirable)
- Strong technical skills associated with infringements, compliance, and legality
- A good understanding of computer and transport management systems
- An excellent people manager who encourages, inspires, and enables the team around you to be the very best they can be?
- Innovative with your approach to leadership and creative in implementing new ways to improve performance?
- Able to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions?
What can we offer you?
- You will get the chance to work with an experienced team
- Opportunity to really ‘own’ something and develop your own career journey within the business
- Travel allowance (dependant on distance)
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (and Christmas off!)
- Free onsite parking
- Good transport links from surrounding areas
Like what you see? Please send your application to Roisin at [email protected] with the subject line ‘Transport Manager application’ with a cover note / appropriate attachments to support your application.